Let’s try an exercise.
1. Pretend you have a gardening blog.
2. Find 5 blogs within the gardening niche. Try to find blogs worth commenting on.
3. Rank the blogs. Which blog is the best to comment on? Which is the worst?
4. Publish a quality blog post about your experience. Write about how you found the 5 blogs and also give reasons for your rankings.
5. Leave a comment with a link to your blog post.
Why the gardening niche? I want to challenge myself. I know nothing about gardening. Also, I want to increase my creativity. One of the best ways to do that is to get out of my comfort zone.
It will be interesting to compare how we find and rank blogs. Will we find the same blogs? If we do, will we rank them the same way?
This exercise will take some time, so I’ll reward everyone who participates with 2 free links. One link to your homepage and another link to your blog post. I’ll even let you choose the anchor text of the homepage link.
Labels: Blogging Exercise: Find Good Blogs To Comment On